Prospective High School Interns
Working alongside our PI, students, and staff, high school student interns gain invaluable experience participating in special projects in the Social Robotics Lab. This summer internship is an educational opportunity that includes training/orientation and a focus on learning and developing new skills and gaining a deeper understanding of concepts through hands-on application. Please note the following:
- This is an unpaid internship offered to high school students entering their junior and senior years (and at least 16 years of age at start of the internship) who have an interest in robotics and/or human social behavior.
- This is a very competitive program. We place students based on their interests and skills, as well as the current workload in the lab.
- This program is currently offered during the summers only, as we do not have the resources to support high school interns during the academic terms.
- We request that our internship candidates are able to commit at least six weeks to this program.
- Neither the lab nor Yale offer student housing.
How can I submit an application for the high school internship?
Submit an application by completing the following form:
Who should I contact if I have questions about the program or the application?
Please contact Liam Merz Hoffmeister, a 1st year Ph.D. student with our group, at email@example.com